Arts and Heritage Learning
We are a museum learning service providing hands-on and engaging learning experiences for foundation, primary and secondary school pupils.
To find out more about our full range of school workshops read our Inspired Learning Primary Schools Programme. (If you would like this programme in a more accessible format, please let us know using the contact details below.)
We offer a unique learning experience to schools across four different learning venues in North Lincolnshire:
- North Lincolnshire Museum
- Normanby Hall Country Park, including Normanby Hall, Normanby Park and Rural Life Museum
- Baysgarth House Museum
- 20-21 Visual Arts Centre
- EYFS, Key Stages 1 and 2 school workshops held in venue
- Outreach workshops and themed experiences at your school
- Digital school workshops and handling boxes available
- Loans service with themed boxes to complement your workshops
- Learning experiences tailored to the needs of your school pupils
- Workshops evaluated by teachers and school pupils to ensure we provide a consistently high service
The loans collection consists of over 3,000 real and replica objects.
You can borrow a box for a half term and order them at any point during the term.
Please enquire if there is something specific you require, as we may be able to put it together for you.
Please note: during the loan periods the boxes and contents are the responsibility of the borrower. Lost or damaged objects will have to be paid for.
To make sure you have the best experience with your class, the maximum group size is 36.
The number of adults that we require varies with each workshop, so please ask when you book your visit.
Once you have booked, you will receive a resource pack for your chosen workshop with your booking confirmation. This includes information about your workshop, risk assessments and suggested activities for after your visit.
Please sign and return the booking confirmation at least two weeks before the date of your visit. You will receive an invoice after your workshop once final pupil numbers have been confirmed.
Booking for our workshops is essential. A free teacher pre-visit is strongly recommended to discuss any special requirements or additional learning outcomes.
For more information or to discuss bookings please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.